- The Rose of Tralee program is a presentation of young women of Irish ancestry or birth. It is not a beauty pageant. In the month before the presentation, the local committee will sponsor a number of activities. All of the candidates are required to attend these activities, during which they will meet community leaders, judges, committee members, and the other candidates. Candidates will attend cultural and social events, and participate in the Los Angeles Civic Day ceremonies and St. Patrick’s Day parade. All those connected with this presentation believe that this time should be filled with warm and exciting experiences, and is a time to make new friends and memories.
The presentation evening is one in which all the young women will be escorted through an honor guard of military officers. On stage, they will be presented to the community. The announcement of the Rose selection is made at midnight, amidst a gala evening of of music and dancing.
- ~ International Festival ~
- The Southern California Debutante Program is affiliated with the International Rose of Tralee Festival held in Tralee, Ireland. Late every summer – as it has since 1959 – Tralee, in the beautiful southwest of Ireland, plays host to the fun lovers of the world when it stages its widely acclaimed INTERNATIONAL ROSE OF TRALEE FESTIVAL OF KERRY. The hallmark of this festival is the Rose of Tralee Regional Finals Pageant, which presents the Rose debutants from 72 Rose Centres around the world from June 1 through June 5, 2013, and if qualified in the Regional Finals, the Finalists will attend the International Rose of Tralee Pageant in August 2013. The young lady selected as the Southern California Rose will be flown to Ireland to participate in the International Festival, which is a lively and exciting week-long
celebration of Irish heritage, education and camaraderie. She will meet the Roses from all of the other Rose Centres worldwide, explore the beautiful land of her ancestors, and form life-long memories of a truly magical time and place. The Rose’s travel expense is provided by the Southern California Rose Centre and the International Rose of Tralee Festival.
- 1. Entrant must be 18 years of age by January 1st 2013 and will not have reached your 28th birthday on or prior to September 1st 2012. Entrant must be of Irish birth or ancestry and, if required, be able to produce documentary proof to this effect.
2. Entrant must not now be, or ever have been, married.
3. Entrant is required to be of good moral character.
4. Entrant must reside in the Southern California area (San Luis Obispo to San Diego).
5. Entrant must have been a resident of the Southern California region for a minimum of the past five consecutive years.
6. Entrant must provide a $100 fee with this application..
7. All entrants must attend the orientation.
8. All entrants must attend all scheduled activities for the Southern California Rose of Tralee Program. If selected, I will:
- 1. Represent the Irish Fair Foundation as the Southern California Rose in the North American Regional Finals for the International Rose of Tralee Festival in Ireland in June 2013, and if selected as one of the Regional Finalists, I will attend the International Festival in August 2013. I understand that the Irish Fair Foundation, Inc. will be responsible for my transportation to and from Ireland for the Regional Finals in June 2013, and if a finalist, the International Rose of Tralee Pageant will be responsible for my transportation to and from Ireland, and that the Festival of Kerry, Ltd. will host me during all of my stays in Ireland.
2. Reign over the Great American Irish Fair on June 16-17, 2013,
3. Participate in various St. Patrick’s Day activities and parades, as
well as various Irish community functions throughout the year, representing the Irish Fair Foundation.
4. Not participate in any event as the Southern California Rose without the express written permission of the Irish Fair
5. Authorize the use of my name and any photographs, interviews, etc. to the Irish Fair Foundation.
6. Abide by all rules and regulations stated above or hereafter established by the Committee.
Toluca Lake, CA, 91610-0429